Saturday, January 13, 2007

how long can I last?

Posted by Dawn at Saturday, January 13, 2007
Since the start of school, it has been quite hellish for me as I was down with flu a day before school started... starting with a super pain sore throat which I couldnt swallow anything and thus, keeping me awake all night. The next morning when I woke up, I started trying to 'cure' myself with natural stuff since I didnt want to affect the baby by anyhow taking the medicine.

I took Florida's Natural grapejuice, I started making myself fresh lime juice, cutting and squeezing it into the cup, added salt and honey and water...I loved it as it soothed my queasyness at the same time. During the rest of the day, i kept drinking lots of juice to cure my sore throat. It was a public holiday that day and the doctor was close. SO, I just had to make do with my own 'medicine'.

That night, didnt sleep well as I was thinking of school and my flu just kept me awake. Next few days, recovered slightly from the sore throat but the runny and block nose came and when that went off a bit after almost a week, my cough came. Sigh..all taking turns to come. I finally went to see doctor on Saturday since I didnt have to sacrifice my student's lessons on that day..So the first week of school seemed rather long for me.

On monday, last week, I went to see the gynae for my second visit and as usual, waited for about 15-20 mins and then the consultation only lasted for 10 mins max. The gynae did the scan again and she even let us hear the heartbeat of the baby. Very fast and strong. She added on to tell us that the baby is very active. It was 3.22 cm long- grew quite a bit from our last check up a month ago which was only 0.65cm long.

You can compare this picture with my last visit's one. The baby is much clearer now..

Dunno why this time round, both CT and I were not as excited as our first visit.Hhaa..but of course deep down inside, we are still amazed and happy.

The second week was long again..Had a tough time as I struggled to climb 4 flight of stairs to my form class every morning since there was no morning assembly because of the rain and wet had to go up to take attendance and say the pledge with them. I contemplated a lot to go up as I felt it was not worth my trouble to go up and just take attendance which can be done at a later time when I see my class later for Math lesson. But what to do? Sometimes, the pressure is greater than whatever rational thinking or practicality.

At the later part of the week, I was also faced with a class which was quite challenging especially when I took them during the last period of the day. So I ended up scolding them. I was very angry but at least I resisted throwing or slamming things which I would normally do. I just talked and scolded them...which left my tummy pain the rest of the day. Sigh..

I really dunno how I can last...With my pregnancy, I get less patient and am def more sensitive to noise..So, it doesnt help when I am teaching esp the Normal Tech students.

I just hope I will feel less queasy and more patient as this carries on cos sometimes I get impatient because I already dont feel too well, and yet have to face nonsense in class-questions asked by students that is silly and something which I cannot accept.


Day on Sunday, January 14, 2007 said...

pregnancy and teaching... tts rough. however, baby comes before your students! take attendance during class!

Hebrew_Star on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 said...

Poor dear... Hugs hugs...keeping you in prayer... You know we are all here for you, call us... please, even tho it may seem like a small thing, just call us...

Take The 5 Love Languages profile with this widget


M e t a c o g n i t i o n Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez